I offer a variety of transcription services. Please contact me about your project if you do not see it described here.
– One-on-one interviews
– Focus groups
– Board meetings
Legal and Government
– Trials and hearings
– Police interviews and undercover operations
– Legislative sessions by state government
– Movies, television, and documentaries (I was Transcription Coordinator for the documentary film Freedom For the Wolf)
– Educational (eg. recorded classes to be broadcast on the web)
Typing/Data Entry/Code Cleanup
I retype and reformat documents (both printed and handwritten) and do data entry, especially into WordPress, for example for folks who have travel journals and are wanting to put them online but don’t want to learn how to blog.
Related to this, I have basic knowledge of some coding languages, like HTML, XML, CSS, PlanetPress, Java, PHP, and more. I occasionally get tasked with cleaning up/simplifying the code to make it look neater and/or to fix formatting issues. This tends to be the kind of work that most find tedious, but which I really enjoy and can hyper focus on.
I have 20 years of experience proofreading in many domains, include finance, marketing, web developing, legal, and government. Here are just a few examples of what I can proofread for you:
– Transcripts (either against the audio (scoping) or doing the final pass after scoping is completed)
– Resumes and cover letters
– Marketing materials and newsletters